View my LinkedIn
Liz has provided legal counsel and contract drafting and negotiation services to video game developers, a variety of SAAS providers, custom and open platform software developers, an IC design tool licensor, and a variety of other software and technology services providers in multiple industries.
With an exclusively transactional practice, Liz has observed over the years that companies sometimes overlook critical clauses in their written agreements, or fail to put into writing the parts of the project that they assume are “understood” by their prospective customer or vendor. Fleshing out these details before contracts are signed often brings out unspoken assumptions and expectations that could have caused the relationship to derail mid-engagement for no other reason than lack of communication at the outset. By asking the right questions and facilitating important discussions among the client’s own internal stakeholders, Liz provides more than contract drafting and negotiation services. She works closely with her clients to ensure that even the most complex technology engagements have the best chance of proceeding successfully.
- Negotiated complex licensing and distribution agreements for small business clients with Microsoft, Electronic Arts, Dell, Fiserv, Disney, among others.
- Developed legal strategy, documentation, and executive guidance to support two government entities in separate incidents to successfully exercise termination-for-cause rights under failed enterprise technology engagements.
- Drafted and negotiated multiple software and technology licensing and distribution agreements.
- Designed and implemented hiring practices for a start-up that successfully avoided unfair competition claim by global competitor (competitor opted not to file claim after client disclosed level of documentation and a sample of content).
Admitted to bar, 1995, Texas.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 1995, Managing Editor, The Environmental Law Journal)
- University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs (M.P.Aff. 1995)
- Vassar College (B.A. Sociology 1990, with Departmental Honors)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Austin Bar Association (Technology Section)
- Member, Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association