View my LinkedIn
With experience at three national law firms, she has provided legal counsel to clients ranging from multinational entertainment and brand corporations to individual artists, nonprofit organizations and start-up businesses. Kristy has helped clients protect valuable trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights and business information in federal and state courts as well as the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Additionally, Kristy assists clients in monetizing their brand assets by drafting and negotiating licenses, endorsements, sponsorship and distribution agreements as well as other general contracts.
- Developing brand protection and enforcement strategies for clients including international news and entertainment conglomerate, professional car racing organization, national restaurant chain, designer of golf equipment and apparel, top-rated vacation resort, carpet and textile designer, entertainment personalities, among others.
- Successfully briefing and arguing cases in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and Georgia Supreme Court regarding deceptive advertising practices under the Lanham Act.
- Serving as litigation counsel in trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and trade secret litigation matters in numerous federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- Drafting and negotiating license, endorsements, sponsorship and distribution agreements as well as other general contracts.
- Admitted to bar: 2012, Texas; 1991, Georgia.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D. 1991) (Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law; Moot Court Board; Intellectual Property Society)
- University of Tennessee (B.S. Communications, magna cum laude 1988)
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Austin Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Texas Accountants & Lawyers for the Arts
- Former Member, Georgia Lawyers for the Arts
- Board Member, Creative Action