View my LinkedIn
Meera Lea de Mel
Meera Lea de Mel advises emerging growth companies at all stages of their lifecycle. Her practice includes representing clients on matters of data privacy and security, digital media, commercial agreements and regulatory compliance. She also does pro bono immigration work.
Prior to joining Wittliff Cutter Austin, Meera served as general counsel to the US Embassy in Baghdad, worked as Attorney Adviser for the US State Department, representing the US Government in international arbitration in the Hague, and served as Senior Policy Adviser to the US Permanent Representative to the UN. Meera also ran the global law program at her alma mater, NYU School of Law.
*Not admitted in Texas
- Admitted to Bar, 2005, California
- NYU School of Law, (J.D. 2005)
- University of Texas (B.S. Mathematics 2000)
- Board Member, American Gateways (2016 to present)
- Board Member, Think Bilingual (2015 to present)