Drafting and/or negotiating a range of securities subscription documents, including term sheets, convertible debt instruments, subscription agreements, voting agreements, investor rights agreements, rights of first refusal and co-sale agreements, and management rights letters. Assisting with legal due diligence.
Advising clients on legal issues relating to corporate governance matters, fiduciary duties, recordkeeping, and protection of proprietary information. Advising clients with respect to structuring and organizing investment funds.
- Delaware General Corporation Law, the Texas Business Organizations Code, and the Texas Business and Commerce Code;
- relevant state and Federal securities laws, including the Securities Act of 1933 and the Texas Securities Act;
- the Investment Company Act of 1940;
- the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
- the Investment Advisors Act;
- the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010